Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike McNeil Computer Troubleshooters Queenstown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:44:50 +1300
Hi Ian,

One thing you may want to try is to run the XP network setup wizard again.
Perhaps there is something in XP that doesn't allow the network to function
correctly without the wizard being run first.
regards
Mike McNeil

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Ian
Sent: Sunday, 12 October 2003 11:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Network flaky - new virus?

My home network consists of 3 pc's, all running XPPro. The Internet
connection is via a broadband router.

Up til recently (date unsure but probably two days back) everything was
normal, with each machine seeing the others, all machines connecting to the
internet, file sharing OK etc etc.

Suddenly, the network has become screwed up.  Each machine still connects to
the Internet and each machine can ping the other.

But in Network Places on each machine, there are NO computers visible at
all, not even each computer's own files, so no file sharing is possible.

I've checked and double checked all settings, but everything seems to be
normal.  I've turned off Zone Alarm Pro without effect.  Every drive is set
for sharing.  I've tried with specified IP addresses (the way it was when it
worked) and with Auto-detect.

All I can put it down to is a virus, but if it is, it must be an
undiscovered strain - my virus protection is Nod32 on two machines and AVG
Pro on the third - they're fully up-to-date and report no bugs.

Ideas would be much appreciated.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown