Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 01:42:00 -0800
On 1 Jan 01, at 16:17, hass shayto wrote:

> A friend of mine was saying that Marlett font is of key importance
> to windows to the extent that windows may not boot (!!) if Marlett
> gets corrupted. Could some one please elaborate on this as I could
> not comprehend the connection between a "mere" font and windows
> well being!

  A "font" file contains a collection of graphical elements (some
people call these "glyphs") which the text-drawing portions of the
Windows API know how to draw on a device.  These don't have to be
letters.  (Take a look at the "Symbol" font, for instance.)
  The Marlett font file contains some glyphs that Windows itself
uses; while I don't know specifics, these might include things like
the "X" and other symbols on buttons in the upper right corner of
virtually every window....

  Will it stop Windows from booting?  Maybe not -- but it probably
won't run very well without it!

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html