Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:41:03 -0700
On 29 Aug 99, at 15:44, Alex Polenov wrote:

> How do I detect is cpu overclocked or not? Is there are any test programms
> on this purpose?

  There are a few BIOSes which will attempt to detect overclocking (if
configured to do so), and so it might be possible to write such a utility
that would run under DOS.  Once you bring up a protected-mode OS like
Windows, though, applications can no longer talk directly to the hardware,
and even reliable benchmark speed measurements become difficult to obtain.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html