Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:06:01 -0400
Not exactly.

Two years ago McAfee "merged" with Network General via a 1.5 billion dollar
stock swap (IMHO that spells buy-out) and then reformed as Network
Associates Inc. (NAI).

Last summer, NAI bought UK based Dr. Solomon.  Since then, NAI announced
that they would not release a version 8, and later they announced that all
support for Dr. Solomon would end in September 1999.  In the ensuing months,
they delayed the 7.97 upgrade due to "extended Quality Assurance testing".
And just recently announced that they are extending support for the Tool Kit
to April 2000.
(How's that for confusion and uncertainty?)

If you go to the WWW.NAI.COM web site, you will not find any information
about the Dr. Solomon product.
If you go to www.drsolomon.com, you will find that they are slowly filtering
in McAfee terminology, and links that a prospective buyer would use to find
out about the product point to the www.mcafee.com web site.

The end result, as David pointed out, is that the Dr. Solomon technology has
been "merged" (swallowed up?) into the McAfee product line.  And from what I
can see, the future for Dr. Solomon does not look good.

Jim Meagher

=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====