Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:52:13 -0800
On 1 Apr 99, at 14:57, James Kerr wrote:

> ... but now I am trying to setup a particular folder that does access
> not allow access to anonymous logins say the folder is called kerr I
> setup the permissions for kerr so that the only user that had access
> to this folder is james with p/w james, it doesn't work I get the
> message "access denied"

  It seems pretty obvious/intuitive to set up permissions as "everyone/no
access" and then "james/whatever" as the sole exception, right?

  Except that NT permissions don't quite work that way.  Since james is a
member of everyone, that "no access" trumps any other permissions the
account might have.  [Administrators have to be able to change this, but
all other accounts are subject to this behaviour.]
  I believe you can get what you want by removing the everyone
permission.  Be careful that the folder never inherits a new everyone
(read? full control?) permission from its parent(s) -- the new security
management interface provided with SP4 needs special care in this
regard.

David G

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>