Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Murtaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 23:09:30 -0400
The answer to your problem is listed in Microsofts knowledge base. I had
the same thing happen to me with a computer at work that someone tried to
load a game on. What happened is that when they started a game Windows
opened a DOS window. When it does that it saves the original Autoexec.bat
and config.sys file and gives them a ending of something like .eob, can't
remember the exact ending just look for a copy of those files. It then
rewrites a new set of files with the statements in them to load the game.
Also at the end of the Autoexec.bat file it adds the statement to start
windows followed with a /W or /E switch. These switches are telling
windows to reboot. What is supposed to happen is that upon exiting the
game the rest of the Autoexec.bat file is supposed to execute and the
system automatically reboots. It is also supposed to delete the new
Autoexec.bat and Config.sys files and copy back the old ones before it
reboots. That way your system is back to normal after the reboot. What
might have happened is that instead of exiting the game normally, the
system may have been turned off and the rest of the Autoexec.bat did not
run and copy the old files back. So you are alway running the new files
and when it hits the end of it, it hits the WIN /W command and reboots.
You are in a constant loop. Copy your old files back and after you boot to
SAFE MODE and then reboot.

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: