Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:11:56 -0500
First empty your internet cache. Second go to the settings and reduce the
size of the internet cache to about 30 megs. Third, to do a repair on
internet explorer. You can run the install again, by looking on your C drive
for a folder called "Windows Update Setup Files" probably under windows.
Find the file IE5Setup.exe and running it. (Although, you should have an
entry in Add/Remove called Internet Explorer 5.5 and Internet tools) this
will start the install routine and should give you an option to reinstall,
repair or to go back to the previous configuration. By the way, is there any
reason you don't want to upgrade to IE6?

As to the lag on opening the Save As window, when is the last time you ran
ScanDisk and Defragmented the hard drive? To do so: double click on the My
Computer Icon on your desktop, right click on the icon for the C: drive
select properties and then tools. Run scandisk and when it completes then
run disk defragmenter.
William Pike

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of John Sowders
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 2:29 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Help, Please, any part of this

I've run up against a problem I've never had before and can't find help with
.
This was posted 2 days ago. Got one suggestion, off list, to repair Internet
Explorer 5.5. Trouble is, it is not listed in the Add/Remove applet, so how
do I repair it. ?? Or it a Windows 98 problem ?
Also the original inquiry ( copied below ) still needs an answer, PLEASE,
someone give me some help on any part or all of it. I know there are experts
out there who have the answer, so  I would really appreciate any help
getting this cleared up. THANKS  John

Previuos submission------

Suddenly on this Gateway computer,using Windows 98, it takes about 2
minutes for it to open the SAVE AS and/or the OPEN WITH windows, and it
ALWAYS disconnects me from the internet between the time I click on the
site to save or open , and when that window comes up. It used to open
immediately, like in 2 to 3 seconds.

Also, the curser is locked up until the Open With , or the Save As
window comes up..

 I've run my Norton anti- virus scan, and also checked out both drives
with  Trend Micro's Housecall, and found nothing.

 Nothing new has been downloaded  except Call-Wave, and I have disabled
it, with no change.

 Help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially since
I'm over three quarters of a century old, and not to experienced with a
computer.

 THANKS for any help.  John

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>