Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:26:05 -0800
On 23 Mar 99, at 19:02, Thomas G Stewart wrote:

> Using Windows 95,  or its distributed applications,  how do you
> locate a single word or phrase in a LARGE collection of text files?
>
> I can do this very easily from DOS with any of the available
> "grep" type programs, but not in Windows.  Any ideas?

  The program that's included with DOS is called "find", and doesn't
have all the bells and whistles of "grep".  It works just fine in a DOS
window....

  However, I find I make heavy use of a shareware utility called
SR32.EXE (Search and Replace for Win32 (9x/NT)).  I hardly ever use it
to actually modify text; it seems to search very fast, and report not
only the files but the lines found, and I can click on a line to see it
in context.

  [I routinely use this to scan through a couple of gigabytes of log
files, looking for past activity related to something I'm seeing now.
More than a gigabyte or so is going to be a little slow no matter what
you use, of course.]

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html