Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kiley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 05:17:37 -0500
This may sound a bit elementary, but is there a possibility of getting the
two machines close enough together to simply cross connect the IDE ribbon
and power cable from the good machine to the bad one and boot the machine to
recover the files? Obviously you would need to change the jumper temporarily
to "slave" but if you can't remove it, do you have room to at least modify
it to perform such a recovery?

Just a thought...

Dean Kiley

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian" <[log in to unmask]>

The customer would like to have some important jpg's retrieved.

Here's the curly bit:  All the 20 or so jpg's I want to retrieve are over
1.4Mb so I can't copy them to floppy.  All of them are over 2mb's.

I considered pulling out the HDD and slaving it to another system, but I'm
durned if I can see how to remove it, short of gutting the machine
completely, so that's out.

If anyone can think of another way I can do this retrieval job, I'd much
appreciate it.

TX

Ian Porter

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: