Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:10:41 -0800
On 26 Jan 99, at 19:38, Richard M. Cooke wrote:

> Before I forward a message I try to clean it up as much as possible by
> copying the message and pasting into a new document so all of the
> forwarding details and addresses are not sent.  The problem for me is the
> greater than symbols contained in the body of the message to be forwarded.
>  I can't find any way to get rid of them other than a laborious backspace
> or delete process.  Do you know an easy method of getting rid of the
> symbols?
>
> In Outlook 98 with Word as your email editor, the greater than symbols are
> automatically removed. But with Express, its a different proposition.
>
> This isn't anything I lose sleep over, just wondered if anyone has a
> solution?
>
> Thanks

  Those "greater than" symbols convey important information, especially as
threads become lengthy and convoluted.  I'd *like* a mailer that would keep
them, but reformat the rest of the text to reasonable line lengths.
But I'd recommend against mailers that strip them out entirely, because
I already see too many messages where I have to *guess* what text is
reply, and what is quoted text being replied to.  Nasty arguments can
easily erupt when a reader guesses wrong.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html