Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 08:01:53 -0500
original post:-

<<<< I am inundated every time I log on-Norton picks up " infostealer" and repairs the file, has to shut down and restart, then there it is again next time I log on.  I run spybot but it doesn't find any thing that sounds like that.  Can someone tell me how to get rid of this thing?  Sometimes it says trojan Mundo as well is found.  Should I delete the files manually?  Thanks in advance.
Kathy>>>>

Hi,

by it's very nature responses to posts on malware infections will always contain a great deal of uncertainty.

nevertheless,

(1) symantec (makers of NORTON) sites lists a whole lot of " infostealer" variants. see the following link (only those of symantec)

 http://tinyurl.com/y8ex6r

so,the removal procedure depends on the specific variant with which your system is affected.

BUT all involve DISABLING system restore (if your op. system is win xp) prior to removal procedure. your post does not mention your op.system unfortunately.

(2) you can also do an online scan with "trend micro" at the following link

 http://tinyurl.com/2xis

as far as i know this is a safe site. BUT i would suggest you disable norton prior to scan to avoid any conflicts

HTH and other members may give more concrete suggestions.

good luck----Venkat

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!