Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Marilyn Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:47:54 -0500
Mark,

I have a son who has been using NetZero since November and he has no complaints.  I have cable on my main computer but decided to use dial-up modem for my second computer.  I put NetZero on a couple of weeks ago.  Installation was very easy and it works just like any of the other free services.  I used AltaVista and Excite's Freelane before they went under.  Of the three, I prefer NetZero.  It has a stay on top banner but is smaller than one of the other ones (can't remember which).  I have never used Juno.  NetZero uses Internet Explorer as it's browser and I don't think you can change it.  I tried to change my home page but couldn't.  It always goes to NetZero's My Start page.  You can choose your own programs for mail, news, address book and HTML editor.  It doesn't interfer with other things on my computer but one annoyance is that when you are browsing a pop up second IE window appears with some kind of advertising in it.  As far as dial up connections goes, I live in Hamilton, Ontario and there is only one access number for a population of about 400,000.  This makes it very difficult to get on in the evening but I have no trouble during the daytime.  The connection once made has never been dropped but maybe this is because I switched to an ISA modem as my PCI one was always losing connections.  You can't leave it unattended or it will disconnect after 5 minutes or so.  Don't know who owns it but the dial up number is the same one used by AltaVista and Excite's Freelane so maybe it is contracted to CMGI.

HTH

Marilyn

> I am curious as to how NetZero software installs and works. I  see from
> it's web site that it has a floating stay on top banner much like Juno.
> Does it allow you to use other Internet programs for mail, new and browsing
> or must you use the Netzero browser for everything.
>
> Does it stay out of the way of the rest of your computer or is it problematic?
> Does NetZero provide a good reliable dial up connection ? What is a better
> service .Juno or NetZero ?
> Is Netzero owned by Cisco ? Any other thoughts or comments about NetZero?
>
> thanks
> Mark Rode

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml