Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2012 01:51:50 -0400
Hi Jacob,

This may well be useful information ,but it may help even more

if you were to describe how you did it and what you used.

I mentioned before that enlarging you main- or boot partition,

IOW resizing or expanding into an adjacent unallocated space or partition,

should always be done OUTSIDE Windows ,(my opinion),eg by using a bootable CD

that has the partition application on it.

Despite EaseUs's claims that it can be done on an active partition

http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/extend-system-partition.htm

I would never do it. The risk of trouble is just too high imho.

Some people may well disagree ,but I'd rather be safe than sorry and

I'd feel a lot safer working on an inactive partition than a "live" one  for certain procedures.

The reason for all this is that on an active partition, lots of stuff is going on in the background. When you're expanding/resizing the partition ,backing up

or creating an image (backup) etc ,you're relying on the Volume Shadow Copy Service

to assist with this ,but this service can have its own hiccups and if it fails ,all your efforts

could be for nought or end up with a corruption.

I've done several of those "expansions"  ,using EaseUs Part. Master.

Partition Wizard, Aomei Partition Assistant, GParted etc.

Most of them have either a Linux ISO "on board" so you can create the CD

or they have instructions on how to create one.(either Linux - or PE based)

They have all been successful ,hence my request to fill us in how you did it.

Peter E.

PS. I noticed that EaseUs PM Home no longer has the Linux ISO on board.

so I'd rather use the tool from

http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

They also have the program for install

http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html