Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 23:20:49 -0700
You could always use Net Switcher to disable your network by creating a
Network setup that doesn't work.
To use it, you would save your working setup, then create a second non
working setup, and save that. Then you use Net Switcher to select between
which setup you wish to enable.

In case your wondering, the access cable modem light blinking all the time
is normal. It is caused by your provider continually pinging your IP
address to make sure your still there. They also do periodic port scans to
make sure your not running a FTP site, or something else that isn't in your
agreement.

If you have a router with a hardware firewall to stop inbound attacks, a
software firewall to make sure nothing gets out with out you permission,
anti virus software running in the background, and you occasionally run a
spyware detector like AdAware....then your covered, and I wouldn't worry
about it.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

At 09:33 PM 7/4/2004, you wrote:
>Running XP at home on limited basis. Would a switch on my cable modem cause
>me more troubles than its worth. It appears my computer does more work when
>I am not on it than when I am on it. Using Norton on line and everything
>else you recommend but have got bitten seriously twice in 5 years even with
>all the protection. Really what I would like is a modem disconnect in the
>software somewhere. Then when I use it I have the cable connected. Any
>thoughts.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml