Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:57:03 -0700
Windows 95B.

In my win.ini file, there are a lot of entries in the "Compatability"
section that I don't recognise, though there are a few entries with
software names I recognise.

Some that are meaningless to me are: BNotes, (I haven't noticed any
Banknotes issuing forth), Charisma, Crosstie, Expastro, Excel (I don't have
Excel), Faxview, Faxworks (I don't have a fax), Giftmake (I wish it would),
Jeopardy (???)  Touchup, and various other exotic concoctions. I'd guess
there's about 150 of these entries, nearly all meaningless.

All are followed by a number of the form Ox......... are these memory
addresses?

If so, does this mean there's stuff being loaded into memory that I have no
use for?

Can or should I remove most of these entries that I don't recognise?  What
perils may befall me if I do?  Would surplus entries here slow boot time?

This section is followed by "Compatability32" with 11 entries.

A little lower down there's "ModuleCompatability" with another
similar-looking list of around 60 entries with more exotic names.

Further on there's an "Extensions" list showing most of the more common
extensions ( .jpg, .txt, etc) pointing to their captive
applications.  Seems to me this only duplicates what's already in the
registry---are these entries needed in Win.ini as well?  Should I delete these?

Yes, I've made a backup copy in case disaster befalls me.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode