Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2011 13:35:04 -0700
I am out of my element here, but is it possible that the computer is not the bot but the ISP is picking up the IP address and somebody is poaching on the wireless network?

Bruce

--- On Tue, 9/6/11, Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Derek Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] bots
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, September 6, 2011, 7:55 AM

I would give Combofix a try in safe mode, as it uses gmer as a rootkit
detector and that might be what is sitting on the system.  Rootkits are good
at being stealthy.

Download
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

How to Use
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Derek

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Russ Cox <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> How do you know if your computer has been taken over as a bot? My friend
> was told by her ISP that she was a bot. I scanned the computer with
> Malwarebytes, Microsoft Security Essentials, and Spybot. One trojan and one
> virus were removed, but she's still told she is a bot. How can you tell if
> that's true? Next step is to scrub her HDD and reinstall everything.
>
>         PSOFT maintains hundreds of useful files for download
>                    visit our download web page at:
>               http://freepctech.com/index.**php/downloads<http://freepctech.com/index.php/downloads>

                          PCSOFT's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>