Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bruce Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2012 19:34:51 -0700
It's a security update! I would be inclined to do it.

If downloading it overnight is not an option, is there any way you can pack up your computer and take it to a friend's for a couple hours? You could get all your updates done and have a more secure computer.

Or perhaps you could get on a broadband computer, download software to a memory stick and then load it on your computer?

As an aside, you might have some savings by dropping your phone service and getting a low cost broadband service. I have seen them as low as $15 with AT&T. Is that an option in your area? Then pick up something like Ooma (as low as $150 one time purchase) for your phone service.

Absent that, going for a field trip with your computer where you can hook into a broadband connection might be the way to go.

Bruce

--- On Fri, 5/11/12, Joyce A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Joyce A <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCSOFT] Nag screen
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Friday, May 11, 2012, 7:41 PM

I keep getting a nag screen urging me to download a "security and stability" update for Thunderbird.  Since I am still on dial up, the download is more than 20 meg, and I can't tie up the phone line for the 24 to 36 hours it would take, is there a way to turn off T'bird updates?  I'm very happy with T'bird as it stands.

Win XP SP 2, still on my old eMachines.  Thanks in advance!

Joyce in SE Ohio

                    digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml