Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 08:58:45 +0200
On 30 Nov 2000, at 22:59, Siva Lokanathan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have in my computer McAfee VirusScan V 4.0.2.
> When I try to update, I get the message:
> > You are no longer entitled to free VirusScan upgrades and as such are
> left VULNERABLE
> > to attacks from new viruses. You may continue to update your DAT files
> for free....
>         I shall be thankful if someone would let me know if my PC will
> remain "Safe" from
> virus if I only keep updating the virus definitions, without paying to
> upgrade the VirusScan version?

Did you try to download and execute the Superdat files manually?
You don't have to upgrade the VirusScan program itself, but only the scan
engine which is very easy.
Download the relevant superdat file and execute it to upgrade the scan
engine. Take it from
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com/naicommon/download/dats/find.asp
Have the original installation handy if for some reason this causes
problems.
Not everything in the dat file is interpretable if you use an old scan
engine. It is incorrect to underestimate the importance of an updated scan
engine. Of course, if you cannot upgrade the scan engine it is still
better to update the virus data, as it still improve identification and
disinfections.
If not, then there are execellent free antivirus programs, such as
InoculateIT PE, that you can use.

Uzi
http://members.iol.co.il

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions