Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:56:40 -0700
David,

I could be wrong, but, if you do a search of your drives, chances are, you won't find a particular
file named win32.dll, and here's why: From what I understand, Win32 dll is not actually a file, but
rather a host of files put together to form a kernel. Think of it like this - Windows 95 is not a
file, but a host of files that are put together - similar to a cab, or a zip file, which has files,
but are not files themselves. I suspect you either have several win32 dll files that are infected,
or you simply have something in win.ini that points to a program which was infected at one time. If
everything is running fine, then the latter is likely. If you have a backup of your system ini
files, I would suggest you restore them asap. If you are indeed infected, you need to know what
you're infected with. If neither of your virus progams can remove them, then there may be something
on the net with specific details for removing it manually. (Hence why you need to know what you're
infected with.) However, you may have no way of finding out what virus has latched on to your
system, and, if none of these suggestions is successful, it may be time to *yuck* format.  I hope
this is of some help...good luck.

Alan Thompson
************
----- Original Message -----
From: David Hurst <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2000 9:07 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] win32.mtx virus

My virus protection software reports i have a file, win32.dll,
infected with subject virus.
One how can i get rid of that virus, neither Viruscan or
InnoculateIT seem to get it.
can I just delete the file ?   But then .....
Two, how can i get a clean copy of win32.dll.     ??

thanks as always

David Hurst

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>