Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 11:23:01 -0400
On Saturday 11 May 2002 08:42 pm, you wrote:
> I have been using Trend Micro's PCCillin for several years.  I like it
> because it seems less intrusive than other virus scanners.  I received
> notification from Trend that a new version had been released.  Since I'm
> getting 2 or 3 viruses a day I thought I'd go ahead and update.  Did
> so.  After some problems with configuring it, it seems to be OK, though
> slow.
>
> But, immediately after installing it I found that something had changed my
> Eudora email configuration.  The pop3 server name had been changed to
> "local host".  Additionally, the login name had been changed.  Changes were
> made to all 3 mail servers I use.  All is well after correcting the
> configuration.
>
> Question is, did the Trend program do this?  I'll email Trend and ask them,
> of course.  Or, did a virus slip by and do this trick?  It would be
> interesting to hear any thoughts on this.
>
> On another subject I received what appears to be a virus spoof from the
> email address of a friend.  It advised deleting JBDGMGR.EXE as it was a
> virus that she had accidentally sent to me and everyone else in her address
> book.  As far as I can determine this is a valid Windows file, and it does
> not scan as a virus.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks for your attention,
>
> Robert Humble

Robert:
You are correct -- the advice to delete jbdgmgr.exe is _probably_ a spoof.
According to: http://www.europe.f-secure.com/hoaxes/jdbgmgr.shtml, some
Windows worms do send a corrupted version of the file. (There was also a more
recent posting about this hoax on either the Norton or McAfee site.)
Regards,
Carroll Grigsby

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml