Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 09:13:16 -0600
At 05:49 PM 3/29/99 -0500, you wrote:
>As Darren suggested, you can click on the header and rearrange the files
>into alphabetical order.  When you exit the explorer, it *should* remember
>your settings.   But as your initial message says, you have already done
>that several times.
>
>The settings for the explorer are in the system registry.  I looked at the
>explorer section, and have a few ideas, but I found nothing clearly
>labeled "Sort by".  If the changes are not "sticking", try using the
>Registry Cleaner before you open the explorer.  If you want to experiment

I tried comparing my registry with another machine that worked OK and could
not find anything obvious so I gave up.  However, this morning, I
remembered something about changing these options that I had heard
somewhere a while ago, tried that and it fixed the problem.  The key was
that before changing the sorting back to by-name, I had to be in the root
directory of my C drive.  Changing the sort options in any other directory
would not make them stick but changing them in the root directory fixed the
problem.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html