Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:24:24 +1300
Marge, thanks for your input in response to my query about downloading IE
and OE files for future use instead of immediate implementation.  I went to
the site you suggested:
 http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.asp
and thought I'd try and download something innocuous to see what happened.

Remember, I tried just a couple of days back to 'download only' and NOT
install IE6, but it installed IE6 anyway, so that's what I'm now running.

So I selected Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2.  This got me a 495k
compressed file labelled 'ie5setup.exe'.

Is this the type of file you're referring to when you say that you've
'stashed every version and update available'?  Because this is only a
starter application.  Like, I clicked it to see if it would started
downloading a full 'saveable' version of IE but it instantly told me:
'Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed
on this system. Setup cannot continue'.

Perhaps I've missed something here - your comment would be appreciated.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand