Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Weis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Sep 2005 19:53:04 -0400
Mr. Gillett,

I'm using a 56k dial up modem without a router

Went to Network and Dial-up Connections under Control Panel and got the
following results:
General Tab:

Modem GTW V.92 Voicemodem (Com3)

Number 591-6776

Show icon in Taskbar when connected   Check Box is Checked

Options Tab:

Dialing Options:  (Below options are checked)

Display progress while connecting

Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc

Prompt for phone number

            Redialing Options:

Redial attempts:                                5

Time between dialing attempts:            1 minute

Idle time before hanging up:            never

Redial if line is dropped    check box is checked

Security Tab:

Security Options

Typical (recommended settings) button is checked

Validate my identity as follows:

Allow unsecured password

Networking Tab:

PPP: Windows 95/98/NT4/2000,Internet

Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is checked

Sharing Tab:

Nothing is checked

Norton Personal Firewall--Security Alert--Medium Risk--Norton Personal
Firewall has detected and blocked an intrusion attempt--Do you want to get
more information? No (Recommended) if you do yes, that is where Norton says
255.255. etc. They say that I don't have to do anything to protect my PC.
But this hasn't been happening until the past 3 4 months.

Hope this is what you need--

Bob Weis

  255.255.255.255 is a valid *destination* address on a local network.  It's
not a vlid *source* address, and Norton is right to block packets which
claim it as their source.
  It might be helpful if you can tell us what Norton says the destination of
the blocked attempt is.

  There *may* be something in the configuration of your router or modem
which is producing this traffic.  Can you provide more detail about the
equipment that connects you to the Internet?

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml