Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 07:41:15 -0500
Hello!

While the display properties box is open, press the ALT key + Spacebar. Then
press the "M" key. Your mouse will change into a fourheaded arrow. Use the
up arrow key on the keyboard a couple (or more) times. This will move a
"ghost" of the dialog box up. When the box is far enough up to see the OK
button, press the ENTER key. Voila!

As to the type of color and resolution question: Color is information and
resolution (such as 640 X 480) is information. All video information must
pass through the video card, and the card must have enough video memory to
hold all that information. The higher the amount of color, the more memory
needed. The same goes for the resolution. Therefore, I would guess that her
video card has less memory on it than yours, so she is unable to support
both a higher resolution and more color. (If one goes up, the other must go
down when you've filled the memory).

HTH

Will Stephenson   ><>

I have a colleague who is running W98 who has a problem with display
settings.

Her PC is set to 640 x 480 and only 16 colours. The problem is that the
dialogue box is too big to display the OK button at the bottom and it cannot
be resized. This means that I can change the properties in the relevant
places but cannot save them.

Does anyone know of another way to do this ? Also I have on my PC 'True
Colour 24 bit' whereas the best she has is 'High Colour 16 bit', which
automatically reverts the resolution back to 640 x 480.

TIA

Paul Burgess

You can email me personally via [log in to unmask]

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]