Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:31:48 -0700
Paul writes:

<<How does one move *.exe files from the desktop to a new folder on the
desktop.>>

When posting a question, it always helps to state what OS. And your
experience level.

Don't understand how .exe files could have got to your desktop in the first
place. (Presumably they aren't just shortcuts?)

Depends what sort of .exe's they are.

If they are installation files for programs you have downloaded, these can
be dragged and dropped (or copied/pasted) into any new folder in the usual
way. Use right mouse button whenever you drag, so that you'll get a menu
choice to copy or move (I'm assuming here that you're a novice).

If they are program .exe's, the short answer is: DON'T, unless they are
just simple applications that don't require any installation or registry
entries .

The reasons are set out in my Web tutorial "Don't move program folders".
This applies equally to any separate parts of programs.

Email me direct (or repost to the Digest) with fuller details if you are
still not clear.

Don Penlington

Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml