Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2012 15:34:48 -0400

On Wednesday, 09 May, 2012 12:36 PM, Hugh Vandervoort wrote:

.

" ......In any case, with 3 GB RAM, ready boost offers you no advantage, so

just remove it."

I agree. I consider  ReadyBoost one of the biggest shams by Microsoft foisted on unwary users ,

trying to pull  "the wool over their eyes".

This myth of increased performance came about during the introduction of Vista ,because it was a hog and

often installed on machines with insufficient RAM to cope with the vastly increased demands by Vista.(as compared to XP)

The swap file on the hard drive is faster than a flash drive and RAM is a lot faster than flash memory.

I.O.W. - Read/Write speeds are a lot slower on a flash drive than they are on a hard drive and are only a fraction of RAM speeds.

Only the most expensive flash drives approach something that is half reasonable ,but by that time you will have exceeded

the cost of a couple of sticks of RAM and still not have RAM speed equivalency.

This was true then and still is now even with improved flash drive speeds.

In short ,install more RAM and forget about this ReadyBoost nonsense.

Even installing a "RAM drive"  on your hard drive will give better performance than a flash drive .

For clarification: By flash drives I don't mean SSDs (Solid State Drives)

Peter E.