Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 00:32:51 -0500
"Alan S. Harrell" wrote:

> At 01:20 PM 12/1/98 -0500, Eric wrote:
>
> >For a report that I have to give I need to discuss whether or not Windows
> >3.x is an operating system. I was wondering if any of you had opinions on
> >the topic and where I might go to find more information (on the web).
> >Thanks for any input.
>
> The short answer is yes, Windows 3.xx is an operating system.
> However, I am not going to do your homework for you.

No Alan, that is not correct.  Win3.x is just a shell (an operating
ENVIRONMENT).
It can not run without DOS being loaded first.

Windows9x, on the otherhand, is a true operating environment.  To demonstrate
the
difference: change the name of the DOS command intrepreter (C:\COMMAND.COM)
to anything else and then reboot the PC.  On a windows 3 system, it will halt
with an
error message loooonng before windows ever starts to load.  On a Windows 9x
system, the PC will keep right on going and load Windows without any problems.

WARNING----- make sure you have a KNOWN GOOD bootable floppy before
                           you attempt this on a Win3 system.

--
Jim Meagher