Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 14:14:05 -0600
From: "Sue Fessenden" :Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 9:18 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] System Tray Missing

Hi, I have already tried safe mode and rebooting from there. I also have
tried unplugging my computer. Still no system tray entry when I ctl-alt-del.
Also there is no reference to system tray in my MSCONFIG startup. I was
already there to.
I opened the system tray in c:\windows\system and it stayed till I rebooted
and then it was gone again.
Thank you,
Sue Fessenden

Sue,

It sounds like there is a registry key that is missing.  System Tray is
loaded from the Run statement in the registry, found under

You should have a String Value under this setting called SystemTray and
under the data it should have SysTray.exe.  If this value is missing in your
registry then that is why the system tray is not loading at startup.  To add
this value back to the registry,  highlight "Run" under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
Then click "Edit" and select "New", from the menu select "String Value".  A
New Value will be added under "Run"   Edit the New Value name to be
"SystemTray" (without the quotes).  Click on the "SystemTray" string value
that you just added and from the "Edit" menu select "Modify".  A dialog box
will open called "Edit String".  The Value Name should already be
"SystemTray", under the Value data box enter "SysTray.Exe" ( without the
quotes), click "OK".  Close the registry and reboot.  Your system tray
should be restored.

Please back up your registry and make sure you know how to recover the
previous registry before editing.

Hope this helps,

Mary Wolden

                       http://freepctech.com/rode