Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Bryce, Katherine" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:15:17 -0600
I was using Outlook 97 (Office 97) very happily till last week.  One of my
bosses had upgraded to Outlook 98 and wanted all of us to do the same, so we
could read his calendar (which for whatever reason we couldn't do).

So I upgrade.  Worried for a while till I figured out how to get to
another's calendar, the usual settling-in fusswork.  The only thing that is
still driving me nuts is "You have performed an illegal operation" (with
notification of a general protection fault), when I manually type in some
addresses.  We are on a network; if you type "John Smith" it will go find
that name or names in Global Address List, Personal Address Book, or
Contacts, plug it in or ask for which John Smith it is, then send the post
off.

Except it isn't.  I type some names and they are just fine most of the time;
other names I have only to type and I get "Illegal Operation"  and shutdown
of Outlook.  Sometimes I can type in the shorthand version of the name
"jsmith" and get away with it, other times not.  At first I thought I just
had to re-establish paths to Contact cards or to the Global Address List,
because once I used the Address Book icon, some of the names would then be
okay to manually type in, but since then those names or shorthands sometimes
work and sometimes don't.

I've checked every setting in Services and Options and can't find anything
that could be contributing to this.  I still use Office 97/Win 95, with
Norton Antivirus on a Gateway E-3200.  I scan for viruses and other problems
regularly and keep a pretty clean, lean machine.  Please help before I pitch
something heavy into the monitor!  :S

Katherine Bryce
Santa Fe NM

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: