Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Susan Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 08:28:53 -0500
>I was hoping the extra RAM would have helped more than it has. Maybe I did
>not install correctly? Anyone have a freeware program to download that will
>check if the extra 64MB is working? My startup screen still shows 16MB of
>RAM, but the tech service at Crucial told
>me the BIOS does not update, I would have to reload windows again for the
>BIOS to see the extra 64MB.

About the unrecognized RAM. When I install RAM successfully, it shows up
right away. If I don't, it doesn't. Does anyone else think maybe the tech
service person is steering this fellow wrong, or is there some other
variable here, that I don't know about? I never had to reload (do you mean
reinstall?) Windows for new RAM to be recognized, has anyone else? I hate
to tar everyone with the same brush, but I feel much safer ignoring tech
support people in general, especially Level 1 telephone variety. I'll take
my lumps for that, if anyone wants to correct me on that one too.

The easiest ways I use to check whether RAM is recognized, are:
1.  the counter you see on booting, and
2.  going into My Computer/Help/About, and checking "physical memory
available to Windows." I say, if it isn't in those two places, your machine
isn't recognizing that RAM, therefore something is wrong. Anyone care to
correct me on this?

Susan Sutherland