Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:59:34 -0800
--- Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> WEB TV + User Information, Name Setting.
> This is where I would change this in OutLook
> Express.
>
> I have an old lady I e-mail to, and her husband
> opened an account with WEB TV.
> She has sole use of the unit and has her own
> e-mail address.
> When she writes to me (and others) the e-mail
> "looks" like it comes from the husband.
> Only the "friendly name" shows in Outlook Express
> from the following: (phony, modified for privacy).
> From: "George M. LastName Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Is there an easy setting she can make/change
> to show her name in the first part of the above?
> She thinks she has to quit and sign up under a
> different
> Billing Account with WEB TV to change this.
>
> Neither of them know anything about computers,
> (the reason for WEB TV), and they are currently
> about 1000 miles away from where I am.
>
> Thanks for any info.           Rick Glazier

Hey Rick

There is a way for her to change the "friendly name"
of the main/subscriber on outgoing email, but WebTv
also permits up to 5 additional users each with
individual mailboxes and addresses (as well as
optional passwords to open them). Seeing as she's the
sole user, she should just add another user with her
own name.

To add a user and get her own mailbox/address: 1) log
on to the main/subscriber's (her
   husbands in this case) address
2) click on "Settings"
3) click on "Extra Users"
4) click on "Add User" and follow the
   instructions from there

The only thing good about WebTv (besides being able to
lay in bed or on the couch while using it.. 8)..) is
that it's pretty much idiot-proof. Everything is
explained very clearly and it won't "permit" you to
make mistakes that'll screw everything up. So she
shouldn't have any problem adding herself as an user.

http://greetings.yahoo.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml