Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:28:13 -0500
Hi Diane,

You did not elaborate on the problem installing the printer. Depending on
the overall state of the system, it may be worthwhile to pursue that end
rather than perform a system recovery. If you are using the printer software
CD to install, and if SP1 or SP2 is installed, there may be a driver
conflict. HP may have updated drivers available for download. Try going to
their Web site and search "Software & Driver downloads" for the HP Deskjet
845c.

If you choose the recovery/fresh install route, don't plan on using an XP
disc from another computer. Most are intended for use on a specific
model/series and will not work on other computers. There are a few
exceptions. For example, some older Dell computers came with Windows XP on a
separate disc and it would install the same as a retail or OEM disc.

The following is from the HP site:

"NOTE: HP PCs that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do not come with recovery
CDs. Instead, they use a hidden space (partition) on the hard drive to store
the recovery information. The use of a hidden partition provides a
convenient process that eliminates the use of recovery discs that may be
lost or scratched. Recovery discs for Windows XP are available from HP for a
minimal cost. Your PC may also contain Recovery Creation software."

They also state:

"Recovery CD-DVD Creator software comes on HP and Compaq Desktop PCs made in
Spring of 2003 and later. It is strongly recommended that you create a
recovery disc set."

If your father's computer has this software, I strongly suggest you use it
to make the recovery CDs. This feature can only be used one time, so once
made be sure to make several backup copies.

As an additional note, the specifications for the HP Pavillion 7935 state it
has 128 MB of PC 133 SDRAM, the minimum recommended by Microsoft for XP. In
practice, this is barely enough for running one program at a time. Most
consider 256 MB an absolute minimum with 512 MB recommended. If your father
plans to use this computer for any length of time, a memory upgrade would be
worthwhile but I would not recommend upgrading any farther as the cost could
easily exceed the cost of a new computer.

Detailed instructions for performing an HP system recovery are at this link:

Performing an HP System Recovery in Windows XP:
http://tinyurl.com/s7yxj

Sven Swanson, Sr.
The NoSpin Group, Inc.