Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:39:23 -0500
What do you use to clean the registry?  I've been looking for
something good for Windows 2K (and soon XP).

- Wayne Copeland

Not much you can do. Win NT4, 2000, are not easy to fix, when
things go
wrong.

*snip*

I rely on Windows 2000 Server as the heart of my system.  Every
weekend I
check for, and install updates,.. then I run a custom script that
does
a  full virus scan, checks all the hard drives for errors, defrags
all the
hard drives, image all the partitions, clean the registry, and
backup the
important data. I usually run this overnight, and then the next day
the
first thing I do is use Drive Image to image the operating system
partition.  I usually store two of these backups on my Backup hard
drive.This means that if everything goes to hell, I can always go
back one
or two weeks, simply by restoring a image file.

Sounds like a lot of hassle, but when things go wrong I can be back
up and
running like nothing happened in 20 minutes.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>One of my systems at work -- which, believe it or not, was never
>outfitted with virus software (not my choice) -- picked up a
virus
>yesterday. Sometime during fixing it, my Windows 2000 install
became
>damaged. Explorer.exe would crash on every bootup and, more often
>than not, the system would blue screen (IRQL_BLAH_BLAH) and
reboot.
>None of these things helped. Since it was a plain-vanilla
>workstation, it was nothing to then reformat and reinstall.
>
>What else should I have done?

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml