Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Harry Lichtbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 21:34:51 -0700
It is my understanding and experience that a Java app/applet compiled for java 5
should run on java 6 with no problem.  I get from your description that the
install program is checking for java 5 instead of checking for Java 5 or
greater.  This would be a programming error by APC in the install program.  (If
I'm wrong about this upward compatibility I sure would like to be updated.)

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:51:02 -0400, Brian Skingley <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I have just purchased a new PC, which moves me from XP to VISTA.
>I have had more problems with software upgrades than I anticipated – but life is like that.
>
>The new PC is  Dell Studio 540 with 4GB RAM,  Main HD is about 650GB.
>External Hard Drive (for backup purposes) is 500GB.
>Processor is 2.33 Gigahertz Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 with 64 kb cache.
>
>Dell have preloaded this PC with Java vs 6 (jre6) .  See detail below.
>
>When i go to install the UPS system (I have APC  Back UPS – CS 500 ) I am advised that The Vista version of the software will only work with Java vs 5.0 with the highest build available.
>I am being advised, by APC, to uninstall the current Java and obtain a copy of Java 5 for interoperability with their software.
>
>I am concerned that there may not already be other software on my PC that requires Java vs 6 OR I m  about to load other software that will require vs 6.
>I am aware that some people have found it necessary to keep more than one version of Java – unfortunately this is outside  my experience – is this the only safe way – if so can I have some advice on where to look for instructions.
>
>I am looking for advice on the optimum way forward that will allow me to use JE6 compatible software to be used together with what I am currently trying to achieve.
Harry Lichtbach
Almaden Unlimited
San Jose, CA. USA

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: