Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 19:14:54 +0300
From: "David Gillett" <[log in to unmask]>

>   Ian's comment appears to reflect the common confusion of NetBIOS with
> NetBEUI.  NetBIOS services can be provided over NetBEUI, IPX/SPX, or (most
> commonly these days) TCP/IP.
>   Toomas, you are correct that the names listed in Network Neighborhood are
> NetBIOS names, and they will rely on NetBIOS name resolution to translate
> them to network addresses of the appropriate sort.  Resolution, however,
> doesn't take place until you select a named system and attempt to
> communicate with it.  I've seen problems where machine A's TCP/IP config is
> broken, but it has IPX/SPX loaded, and machine B has only TCP/IP running;
> they see each other in the list, but neither can resolve the other's name to
> an address it can communicate with.

I know that, seeing myself also. Initially even write about plus
NetBIOS-over-TCP
and more. Then find that I was going too technical to list and deleted that
part
before sending.

>   On a network of only 3-4 machines, you might not have any servers, and so
> one of the workstations *that is running the Computer Browser service* is
> going to be the master browser.  If nobody's running the service, browsing
> (Network Neighborhood) doesn't work.

Yes of course but by default possibility to be Computer Browser is turned on.
You must make change in registry or use third party setup tools/ Control Panel
Components. My experience is that usually there is some reason more than
one Master Browser - excluding case when  Master Browser computer are turned
off without correct shutdown, but this one should  solve itself after about
hour at least.

Loose/bad cable (or NIC) gives much more possibilities. For example all LAN
computers
are seen. Some are accessible, others sometimes  are sometimes not. Internet
access depends from IP number. After long time probing and testing  finally
find that
LAN cable is under table under some pressure. Replacing cable solved all
problems.

Toomas

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>