Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
lonranger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:14:36 -0700
At 04:02 PM 2/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay, here's a hair puller (at least for me):  my department head uses a
>Dell 550 w/ win98SE.  For the past few months he's been experiencing all
>sorts of ads popping up on his system if he has his AOL client or IE open.
>I can see nothing out of the ordinary loading at startup; Active desktop is
>disabled; no screensavers running that can or will call up these ads. He
>states that he has not installed anything in quite some time and I can't see
>any un-id'ed apps installed.   I can't see any running (that is unknown)
>tasks that's causing this.  Of the 2 ads I did get the properties of, one
>referenced www.gohip,com and the other another site something like
>"popups.somesitename.com".  Personally, I thought it might be related to
>AOL, but no other users with same s'ware version are experiencing this.
>I've already suggested backing up his data and reformatting system, but time
>seems to be an issue.  Any thoughts as to what's causing this?
>

>Ian Carmichael
>NYC
Gohip is the culprit...it is a browser plugin and will do that kind of
thing for you...I would suggest uninstalling it from the control panel...he
must of gone to a site that redirected him and then installed it without
hgis consent.  It happenned to me and I was unimpressed.  Was as a result
of visiting a site that the earthlink isp I was complaining to about spam
sent me to.

Sam Reiner

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml