Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 10:18:11 -0800
I support about a hundred users on a combined NOVELL 4.11 and NT4.0 network,
 using Client32. We use Corel's WordPerfect 8.0 Patched to release: 8.0.0.484,
 installed on the workstations.  Shortly after upgrading from version 6.1 a few
 of my users started experiencing a problem opening and saving their files.

When they choose FILE and OPEN they either get ignored (menu closes with no
 opened file) or the program would close.  This sometimes happens with the FILE
 SAVE choices as well.  Every user runs a similar PC (Pentium, 100, 133, 166,
 200, 233, 333) with a standard default install.  Not all users are getting this
 problem.

The only workaround right now is to find the file to be opened by using My
 Computer or Explorer and double click it to open the associated program.
 However, more than one file is impossible without getting problems again.

Most of the time the program works fine for a few weeks then the problem starts
 and it never goes away.  Only a total rebuild of the operating system (both
 Windows95 and WindowsNT workstation) seems to fix the problem.  It's extreme
 but it works every time.

I've referenced Corel's online help and the problem is stated very well in DOC#
 7000 but the offered fix doesn't work at all.  (Well, it worked on about 3
 users.)

Does anyone on the list have a reliable fix?
Also, does anyone have a reliable method to TOTALLY remove every little piece of
 Corel's WordPerfect? (no sarcasm intended.) so I can try avoiding a total
 rebuild.  Normal uninstall and reinstall doesn't work either.

TIA

David Johnson
LAN Administrator III
Riverside County Waste Management District
1995 Market St.
Riverside, Ca.  92501
Ph. 909/955-1335
Fax 909/955-1334