Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 10:32:08 -0400
At 10/12/00 12:58 AM, Brendhan Horne wrote:

>Ok Here are a couple of things up for review.
>My Boss recently mentioned to me that he was having problems getting Adobe
>Illustrator on his laptop. It keep coming up disk space not available. And
>that was true his C: had almost no space left. So he asked me if I could
>fix it so it could be installed properly. Here is what I discovered. His
>HD had two partitions on it. Total drive space 4.3gig with a nearly
>edition of Windows98 on it. 64k of RAM.

64 Meg vs 64k

<snip>
>5. Create a new partition smallest one allowed 39.2 MB call  it E: and
>push the CD to F:

Bad move if he has programs installed that reference the CD drive.  Now the
CD is drive F and CD programs will try to find the CD files on E. You will
need to either re-install nay programs or change the CD drive letter in the
apps if they have that option. I have found that a separate swap file
partition is not significant for "Boss" computer usage patterns and moving
CD drive letters is not worth it.  A suggestion if you are still moving the
CD drive letter, move it to "Z" in the Device Manager so it will not be
moved with future changes in partitions or drive sizes.

<snip>

>10. Do a test run on the computer with Adobe illustrator . First time it
>freezes. Second time and times there after no problem. I have not yet
>tried to print but I will tomorrow.

Adobe takes a lot of memory, so swap file really needs to be set correctly
for it to work.  See previous response on setting swap file size.

Doug