Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:52:03 +1000
Loy wrote:
>I have a System Administrator sign on identity and my usual sign on.>>

I suspect that's the reason for your problems.  Unless you have good reason
to do so, for a single-user computer it's only desirable to have a single
user logon with full admin rights. Even then, it can get mighty confusing.

With 2 logon options, I suspect some of your programs are running in Admin
mode, and others in yourname mode.  That makes it doubly confusing for a
while, until you get everything sorted out.  It can get pretty frustrating
at times--you know the stuff's there, but where?

What I do first on every new computer is to make a desktop folder and put
in it shortcuts to all the system folders and functions---Start Menus,
Sendto's, User accounts, System Restore, Device Manager, Services, etc,
until I or the user gets his computer properly sorted out.

Everyone first coming to XP is confused by the multiplicity of user
accounts and thus the duplication of things like Start Menu options
etc.  And, unlike previous versions of Windows, XP buries lots of these way
down  in Documents and Settings where it's not easy to locate them.  This
is done for the purpose of having an isolated environment for each piece of
software to run, thus a crash in one won't bring down the whole computer as
in the olden days. (That's the theory, anyway!)

Your Start Menu shortcuts will be in the Start Menu/Programs sub-folder,
but with your dual logon you will have at least 2 Start Menu folders, each
containing different shortcuts.  Same with your desktop and SendTo folders.

Your queries, far from being stupid, are perfectly normal and common to
most of us. I know I was floundering something horrible for a while with
XP.  It takes about 3 months at least to start to make any sense out of it
all.  Some never do.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml