Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 19:01:24 -0400
Wow-there's a ton of info out there and this seems to be a very nasty infection.
Start with Malawarebyte:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
This is an excellent tool everyone should have around.
Most people recommend you turn off system restore and reboot, also.
Apparently this infection can recur.
Re-enable system restore and set a new restore point when you're finished.
There may be more to do when you've finished, but it's a good start.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Laurie Hand<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I was running my (not quite) weekly scan using Spybot Search and Destroy
> today, and it picked up Virtumonde.dll in the system32 file of my XP
> computer.  I haven't noticed any pop-ups,which seem to be a symptom of the
> virus/trojan being active, but I want to get rid of the nasty thing if in
> fact it is there.
>
> Spybot said it got rid of it for me (Fix Selected Problems) but then I did a
> second scan, and it found it again.
>
> Can anybody help me figure out if this is a false positive from my
> anti-virus program or such, or tell me how to get it gone?  I can run the
> scan again to find the exact location, if I can simply delete it, but I have
> a feeling it isn't as simple as that.
>
> I'm counting on you folks!
>
> Laurie Hand

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!