Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2007 17:18:16 EDT

I failed to mention that first I disabled system restore which  unfortunately
deletes all previous restore points so you may try restore first  but I doubt
it will cure your problem.

In a message dated 9/21/2007 5:00:29 PM Atlantic Standard Time, Phillipwlly
writes:

How do  I remove this spyware that has infected one of our pc's in  the
department?
--

Chipo,

 I'm just got rid of a spyware/virus bug that put three "spyware  cleaner"
type icons on my desktop and repeatedly opened message boxes saying I  was
infected and attempted to open a connection to a spyware site. I'm not  sure if
this is the same that has attacked you but here is what I did.

 Started computer in safe mode. Ran Hijack this and deleted first  entry. (Be
very careful with this program because it deletes the file pretty  thoroughly
including registry values which can be a problem if you delete  something
your computer actually needs. I knew to delete this entry because it  wasn't
listed before the infection and was related to internet explorer which  I never
use).

Ran AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Avast  anti-virus deleteing all
entries.

Deleted desktop icons then rebooted.

I don't know if all these steps were really necessary but figured a  little
over-kill was acceptable as opposed to the aggrivation of the infection  and
now I'm running clean with no problems.

Hope this helps,
-Phil Williams-

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!