Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 03:17:03 -0800
On 1 Jan 01, at 22:43, Anita Faulkner wrote:

> I am using @home cable service as my isp.  It comes with Outlook
> Express.  Is there anyway I can use regular Outlook with @home
> instead -- I would like to use the calendar options that come
> built into Outlook.

  You can almost certainly use Outlook to send and receive your
email.  To send email, you'll need to find out what "SMTP Server" is
specified in OE, and supply the same information to Outlook.

  There are two common ways for client programs to receive email:
POP and IMAP.  [I know OE can do POP, I'm not sure if it does IMAP.]
Which one Outlook does is part of its configuration, and will need to
match OE; again, there will be a server to be specified.  (Many ISPs
use the same server for sending and receiving, but I don't know if
this is true of @home.)

  Your specific interest, though, is in the calendar facilities of
Outlook.  If you just want to track your own appointments / reminders
/ etc., then you're all set.
  If, however, you want to use Outlook's ability to share calendars
with other people, you may be disappointed.  Some of the advanced
features are only really available on a corporate LAN that provides a
Microsoft Exchange server to support these features, and I seriously
doubt that @home is set up to do that.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html