Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lawrence Gurley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 00:18:00 -0700
Use the

and the

ISBLANK(<cell address>)

 functions (and the AND function if you're testing more than one cell).

For example, if K6 contains the formula

=IF(AND(ISBLANK(I6),ISBLANK(J6)),"",I6+0.8*J6,)

K6 will be blank only if _both_ I6 and J6 are blank;  otherwise K6 will
contain the result I6+0.8*J6 --and if exactly _one_ of the cells I6 or J6
is blank, that blank cell will be treated as a zero in the calculation of
I6+0.8*J6.

Larry Gurley

At 07:38 AM 10/15/1999 +1000, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to put a formula in Microsoft Excel that will
>show a blank cell instead of 0 when the cells shown in the formula are
>blank
>Thanks
>Norm Thompson
>
>      "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>        programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                         http://nospin.com/rode

Lawrence T. Gurley

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html