Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 00:57:55 +0200
Hi List
After installing a new piece of software (realjukebox) I was unable to boot
up, with the following error:

Error in device IOS:
An iosubsys driver failed to load
Either a file in .\iosubsys is corrupt,
or memory is low.

This error appears after the prompt "Load all windows drivers?" in a
step-by-step boot.

The c:\windows\system\iosubsys directory contains the same files as before.
Memory is 32MB, Win95 4.00.1111, IE5.  So I think the error message given is
a red herring.

Restoring the registry from immediately before the install fixes this
problem (but of course the software does not run).  I exported the registry
before and after install and compared the two; there are hundreds of
differences but they all seem to be in HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\,
HKLM\Software\Classes\Software\RealNetworks\  and
HKLM\Software\Classes\Typelib\.  No devices, Run keys or anything I would
expect to affect boot-up … except that the key
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Software\RealNetworks\Update\6.0\Preferences\Componen
ts\taiko:1.0\Reg8] is
@="-2147483647|Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Run|RealJukebox
Systray"

How to diagnose a problem like this?

(I compared the .reg files using DOS fc.exe - are there better tools for
this purpose?)

Thanks - Joe

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>