Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:54:37 -0700
At 11:02 PM 12/14/1999 , Harvey Rose wrote:
>This likely a common question. When I close a program I still get an empty
>program bar on the toolbar. If I open several programs this will fillup
>with empty bars. When I click on the empty bars they will close (one at a
>time). Does this take up memory and can any one tell me how to prevent
>this? Thanks in advance.

These are called "Taskbar Ghost Buttons."  Anything displayed takes
up memory...  albeit a very small amount in this case.

This is a phenomena that has plagued a great many Win98
users and todate I have not seen anyone come up with a
solution.  They seem to be triggered by the way some applications
start rapidly and close rapidly, not giving Windows enough notice
that the application has closed.   They do not seem to be tied
to any particular hardware configuration.  It is just a matter of
some applications not providing proper calls to Windows at the
time they close.

One application that is known to create the problem is ACDSEE
image viewer.  It can be greatly annoying if you open numerous
images, one after another...  I have seen it leave dozens or more
of these buttons on the taskbar.  They only need to be clicked with
the mouse for them to disappear, but they are annoying.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>