Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rosalind Walters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:31:02 +1100
Jim,

I seem to remember that at one time Microsoft stated that RegClean should
not be used in Windows 98. However, KB article Q147769 "INFO: RegClean 4.1a
Description and General Issues"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q147/7/69.asp?LN=EN-US&SD=gn&FR=0
currently states that:
"The information in this article applies to:
        Microsoft Windows 98
        Microsoft Windows NT Server versions 3.51, 4.0
        Microsoft Windows NT Workstation versions 3.51, 4.0
        Microsoft Windows 95
        Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional"
I have been using RegClean in Windows 98 for nearly 2 years without
encountering any particular problems (at least any that I am aware of). It
is my totally unprofessional opinion that the two programs may perform
slightly different functions. Some of the list gurus may have more specific
information?
Regards,
Rosalind Walters

Jim wrote:
>Paul,
>
>Microsoft's RegClean was developed for Windows 95,
>if you have something called regcleaner, I don't know what that is.
>SCANREG was devloped for Windows 98.
>
>Scanreg can be used on either system,
>RegClean might cause problems if you use it on 98.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html