Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 11:01:43 -0700
On 25 Aug 99, at 14:42, Christopher Zguris wrote:

> At 05:25 PM 8/21/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >>
> >>P.S. I'm looking for free Perl interpretator to download. Can you help?
> >>
> >>Alex
>
> ActivePerl from ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com/) is a PERL
> interpreter for Windows 95. The instructions on how to use it are - IMHO -
> crap. After it's installed (which worked for me on a Win98 machine w/no
> problems), you open an MS-DOS window, then change to c:\perl\bin, to run a
> program, you type perl program.pl (where program.pl is your program name).
> To make a program, I use notepad, then save the program to c:\perl\bin.
> They do offer - for a fee - a debugged, but I tried it and found it rather
> limited, so don't use it.

  Although this will work, I find it's a lot tidier to add C:\perl\bin to my
PATH setting, which lets "perl foo.pl" work in any directory -- so I can put
my .pl scripts with their projects and data instead of in C:\perl\bin.

  The installer creates an association for the .PL file extension, which
hasn't (in my experience) quite worked.  So after installing ActivePerl, I go
to Windows Explorer's View|Options|File Types (View|Folder Options|File Types
under Win98) and delete the broken association for Perl Scripts created by
the installer.
  I then create my own association for extension .PL.  The important
operations to configure are "open" (the default) to use C:\perl\bin\perl.exe,
and "edit" to use the editor of your choice.  [Something that shows the
current line number in a status bar is a good idea, since perl error messages
generally report the line number where the problem was detected.  This is my
main reason for disliking NotePad for this job....]
  Once this association exists, you can run a script by typing "foo.pl"
instead of "perl foo.pl"; you can also run a script by double-clicking on the
script file in an explorer window instead of bringing up a DOS window first.

David G

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org