Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary W South <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 15:27:43 EST
I have a Packard Bell 300Mhz Pentium II running Windows 98. Under general
modem properties it says the following - MD 6802-U Modem(AZT4029). The modem
is a 56K x2.  When I disconnect from AOL with AOL 4.0 the modem does not reset
the phone. I have to reboot my computer to get a dial tone on my phone. If I
use AOL 3.0 everything works OK and disconnects correctly.  AOL says it is a
problem with the modem. Packard Bell says it is a problem with AOL software.
I have reinstalled AOL 4.0 several times with no different results.

My modem commands in AOL 4.0 are

Setup modem string: AT&F1&D2&R2^M
Dial Prefix: ATD
Dial suffix: ^M
Disconnect string: ATH^M
escape: ~~~~+++~~~~

My modem commands for AOL 3.0 are

Setup modem string: AT&FV1X4&A1&B1&H1&M2&R2^M
Restore modem string: AT&F^M
Dial Prefix: ATD
Dial suffix: ^M
Disconnect string: ATH^M
escape: ~~~~+++~~~~
Reset String: ATZ^M

As an added note: A friend has a Packard Bell 233Mhz Pentium with MMX which
has the same modem. She has the same problem. AOL 4.0 won't reset dial tone
and AOL 3.0 will. She also has a local Internet provider and that works
correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have spent hours on the
phone with AOL without any positive results.
Thanks in advance

Gary South

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html