Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Volkard Linke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 23:27:10 -0500
Hi Everyone...

Trying to figure out why Windows ME might be picking up the phone "randomly".

About a month ago, a friend of mine upgraded from Win98 (not sure whether
1st or 2nd edition) to ME. He's just now hearing from friends that
sometimes his computer will pick up and they get that "awful screech", as
they put it. I figured that somehow, Dialup Server got switched on, so I
checked, and it's turned off, (Do Not Accept Calls). Went thru all the
modem settings, and nothing in there, that I could see, could be set to
answer the phone. It doesn't seem to happen all the time. While I was
there, we called from his other line and nothing abnormal happened. Had two
friends call while I was there with the same result, nothing. About an hour
after I left, he calls me up and said it was doing it again... so I called,
and sure enough... the modem answered the phone. Anyone know of something
in ME that would cause the modem to pick up?

Just a thought as I write... does ME include the "forgotten" fax software
that previous versions of windows 98 didn't include?

Volkard Linke

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html