Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2005 10:45:03 -0400
Problem solved (I think): there was a failed burned disc (coaster) in one of the burners.  In the past I've had lockup problems with bad media, but had forgotten about this particular bad disc sitting in there. When I removed it everything seemed to return to normal.

joseph marty <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I have XP Pro SP1 (did not reinstall SP 2 after clean reintall of XP Pro), and just yesterday for no apparent reason when I tried to save an e-mail somewhere other than the default folder the Save as dialog box locked up ("Not responding").  If I tried to set specific folders to scan on the latest Avast AV, it began locking up at the same time.  It only works if I check the box for all fixed drives.
>
>The computer also started taking more time to finish booting up at the same time.  It takes much longer to show the task bar and quick launch bar.  These symptoms all started for the first time on bootup yesterday morning.  I have since run an Avast AV thorough scan of all fixed drives (no choice) that came up clean.  I ran Webroot, Spybot, and Ad-Aware, all of which came up clean on malware.
>
>The only change I had made was the night before last when I uninstalled my old HP scanjet 7450 flatbed scanner to replace it with an Epson Perfection 4870 photo scanner.  When I installed the Epson I had to do a restart, then plug the USB cable from it into the computer to finish the install.  It worked perfectly, and there was no sign of any problem with the "save as" feature or with Avast.  The problems only started on a cold boot the next day right off the bat in the morning.  Aside from the epson drivers the only software I installed was their bundled "Silverfast". All that was at the same time and nothing bad happened then.  I can live with the Avast thing, but the save as thing is a constant plague.  Any ideas?
>P4 2.8, 1 gig Rambus 1066 memory, and this problem did not exist, then suddenly did.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode